This tower was rebuilt in 1456 by Pedro Ibañez de Aulestia, the tower that gives its name to the municipality, after it was burnt down with the excuse of having hidden some of his side during 1451.
It is a high quality construction, its walls are 1.90 metres thick and made of limestone with a height of three floors and wooden columns and beams.
This family was part of the dispute about the location of the church of Aulesti, according to them the main part should be facing their house. However, the Gorordo and Arguiñena families wanted it to face their house. Finally, the lord of the Tower of Aulestia stood in the way of the decision to place it as it is today.