It was founded in 1691. It was the work of Ignacio de Munibe y Axpe, abbot of the Collegiate Church of Ziortza. In 1808 the convent was suppressed and turned into barracks for the French troops. In 1839, due to the Enclosure, the monks were expelled until 1869.
The construction of the church was completed in 1724. On the façade there is a sculpture of the Virgen del Carmen and the coat of arms of the Carmelite order. The main altar and the side altars are Baroque and are overloaded with ornaments.
More information: About the altarpiece