This mill was built in 1729 by Pedro Bernardo Villareal de Berriz, open to the sea winds, its origin comes from the drought that the area suffered during this period in which the mills of the river did not work. It was not in operation for a long time, and in 1745 it closed and all the machinery was sold and turned into a house.
It is ten metres high and cone-shaped with a base of 10 metres and 8 metres at the top, ending in a cone-shaped roof. It is made up of the ground floor, where the grain and flour were stored and the maize and wheat were ground, and three more floors.
During this same period of drought, several similar buildings were built in Bizkaia, such as Aixerrota in Getxo, Artxanda and Azpazar in Abadiño.